- Show All Articles ( 13 ) Collapse Articles
- Show All Articles ( 3 ) Collapse Articles
User Defined Reports
Downloads & Documentation Library
- Show All Articles ( 29 ) Collapse Articles
- Show All Articles ( 21 ) Collapse Articles
Error: “Can’t Find File MS09.DLL” When Starting LIMS
The information in this article applies to LIMS 2.x, Access 97/2000.
When you try to start either LIMS 2.x or Access 97, you may receive the following error message:
Can't find file MSO9.DLL
and the application doesn’t start.
You may receive this error message if you do the following in the order listed:
- You install Office 2000 including Access 2000
- You then uninstalled these programs, which may cause an orphaned copy of the Access 2000 executable file to be left on the computer.
- You then install LIMS 2.x or Access 97 on the computer.
When you try to start LIMS or Access 97, the shortcut actually points to the Access 2000 executable, but because some required components, including the Mso9.dll file, are missing, you receive the error message.
To resolve the error, follow these steps:
- Uninstall LIMS
- Look for the Msaccess.exe file and rename it.
- Look for the Hatten.ttf file and if found, delete it.
- Reinstall LIMS
“During the installation of Access 97, the Setup program searches for existing components. During this search, it finds the orphaned copy of Msaccess.exe. Because the Setup program does not replace a newer version of a file if it exists on the hard drive, the Access 97 version of Msaccess.exe is not installed. After Access 97 setup is completed, the shortcut for Access 97 actually points to the Access 2000 executable file. When you click the short cut, it tries to start the orphaned Access 2000 executable file, which results in the error.”