- Show All Articles ( 13 ) Collapse Articles
- Show All Articles ( 3 ) Collapse Articles
User Defined Reports
Downloads & Documentation Library
- Show All Articles ( 29 ) Collapse Articles
- Show All Articles ( 21 ) Collapse Articles
Reducing Lock Conflicts With NetWare
The information in this article applies to LIMS 1.x and Access 2.0.
Users running LIMS in a multiuser environment may encounter database lock conflict messages. A variety of factors affect the frequency of these messages. When the LIMS database resides on a Novell NetWare server the number of locks per connection may need to be adjusted.
If you experience multiuser database corruption or frequent lock conflict messages when running under NetWare, perform the following steps.
1. On the NetWare server, create the following setting:
SET MAXIMUM RECORD LOCKS PER CONNECTION = 10000
2. On each workstation, add the following line to the [ISAM] section of the LIMS.INI file in the Windows directory:
The 10,000 locks is a NetWare maximum and Microsoft recommends setting it to the maximum when an Access database is shared on a NetWare server.